Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

God's Smuggler: Healing Of Knee

Still I had not reached a point where I knew I had found God’s plan for my life. “What is it, Lord?” And then, there by the canal, I finally had my answer. My “yes” to God had always been a “yes, but.” Yes, but I’m not educated. Yes, but I’m lame. With the next breath, I did say “Yes.” “I’ll go Lord,” I said.

Lord, as I stand up from this place, and as I take my first step forward, will You consider that this is a step toward complete obedience to You? I stood up. I took a stride forward. And in that moment there was a sharp wrench in the lame leg.

I thought with horror that I had turned my crippled ankle. Gingerly I put the foot on the ground. I could stand on it all right! What on Earth had happened? Slowly and very cautiously I began walking home, and as I walked, one verse of Scripture kept popping into my mind: “Going, they were healed.” I couldn't remember at first where it came from. Then I recalled the story of the ten lepers, and how on their way to see the priest as Christ had commanded, the miracle happened. “Going, they were healed.”

I was due at a Sunday evening service in a village six kilometers away. Normally, I would have ridden my bicycle, but tonight was different.
Tonight I was going to walk all the way to the meeting.

- Brother Andrew Bijl, from God’s Smuggler. True story.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment