Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Way Of A Pilgrim: Attacked By A Wolf

One early evening in winter I was walking alone through the woods toward a town which I could already see and where I wanted to find lodging. Suddenly a big wolf came upon me and jumped at me. I had the woolen rosary which had belonged to my late elder in my hands, and in my attempt to defend myself with it the rosary slipped out of my hands and lodged around the neck of the wolf. The wolf jumped away from me and got caught in a thorny bush with his hind legs and with the rosary on a branch of a dry tree. He tried desperately to free himself but was unable because the rosary was choking him. With faith I blessed myself and went to free the wolf and especially to get my precious rosary, for I feared that the wolf would run away without leaving a trace. And, sure enough, the moment I approached the wolf and touched the rosary, he broke it and ran away without leaving a trace. I thanked God for His help in retrieving my rosary and I remembered my late elder. Then I happily reached the town and stopped at an inn to ask for lodging.

- The Way Of A Pilgrim. True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment